We work together with you to transform ideas and technology into innovation
We believe in innovation with purpose. This means, innovation that solves people’s real problems.
Since the very beginning, our company has been committed to uncovering new technologies and ways to achieve better solutions — always with the ultimate goal of improving people’s quality of life.
Although most of our research is within the area of healthcare, we also have extensive experience bringing innovation in areas like autonomous driving and industrial process automation. Not surprisingly, many sensor driven applications have a common technological base.
Are you looking for a partner with experience in research & innovation projects?
Tell us more about your project
Company history and innovation projects
- Qolware is a MedTech spin-off of the Technical University of Munich founded by an interdisciplinary team of PhD researchers specialized in data science, robotics and UX. First Qolware’s solution, the LOLA App health emergency system, was conceived in early 2016 after several years of PhD research and clinical validation. Since then, Qolware has been a key partner in many innovation projects and has received multiple awards that recognize the quality of its work in the biomedical field.
- In September 2016, Qolware’s original project was funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy under the EXIST program.
- In March 2017, Qolware is legally established as a limited liability company (in German “GmbH”)
- In May 2017 Qolware was funded by the German EIT Health Head Start Programme which fast-tracked the entry of their first product, the LOLA Emergency App, into market.
- In September 2017 Qolware was funded by the ESA Incubation Centre Bavaria, allowing to further develop their IoT platform.
- In February 2018, the company was chosen by Telefonica as its project partner and member of its accelerator - Wayra. During this time Qolware’s network grew to include numerous partners inside and outside Germany like Telefonica, Samsung or Deutsche Telekom.
- In December 2018 Qolware’s project idea was selected among 85 proposals to participate in one of the biggest European Multi Centric Large Scale Pilot on Smart Living Environment: Activage.
- In March 2019, Qolware joined the EIT Health innovation project FRAIL. In this project Qolware together with the consortium partners TUM, IMEC, CapDigital and Madopa has built a wearable app and platform for the prevention and assesment of frailty in seniors.
- In 2020, Qolware patented its system for fall detection.
- Awarded as one of the best MedTech companies in the category Research and Innovation at the CeBit 2017, the biggest trade fair for Consumer Electronics in Europe.
- Awarded as one of the worldwide Top 100 leading HealthTech Innovators of 2017 and 2018 in Global Digital Health.
- Awarded by the Bavarian Health Ministry with the 2018 Bavarian Telemedicine Alliance Prize as one of the top digital health companies. This prize recognizes particularly innovative ideas and projects in the field of eHealth, telemedicine and health telematics.
- Finalist of the MEDICA App Competition, the world's largest competition for the best health App solutions.
- Finalist of the 3. CARE INVEST-Connect Startup Competition in Berlin - the biggest European innovation conference in care economy.
- Awarded by the City of Munich with the PhönixPreis 2019 for the outstanding social commitment of its founders .